The #1 rule is to be committed to our marriage and your husband as
Commitment means more than simply staying married through the bad times. It
brings with it the joy of being together and asking yourself, "What will it take to
have a happy marriage for the rest of our life?" Internally obligate yourself to
accomplish the life of 10 suggestions the wife can do to Build a Happy Marriage
Here are 2 sets of 12 simple tips to create a stronger and happier marriage for both the wife and the husband. Each part is slightly different as a man & woman do not respond emotionally nor verbally the same.
As you go through them, notice the differences in how they are framed!
12 EASY ACTIONS THE WIFE CAN DO TO BUILD A HAPPY MARRIAGE
1. Continue the dating mode into the marriage.
Be daring and initiate the little things he likes, without any prompting or specific special
occasion. Consider taking him away from the daily grind of life which he does to support
you and the family.
2. Show your appreciation for what he does for you.
Understand his passion to be needed & involved in your life. Find ways to show
appreciation in ways that speak to his heart.
3. Stop fussing about pettiness.
With some wives, nothing is ever right. Encourage his endeavors to accomplish projects
4. Support his efforts to make your home a better place to live.
5. Show an interest for those things which are important to him.
6. Gain the proper concept of marriage:
Don’t think of your husband as a household servant.
Think of him as a person of worth and dignity in the sight of God.
7. Learn to appreciate the emotional and psychological differences between men and
When he shares problems, learn to generate solutions, and do not simply listen.
Your husband is talking with you because he wants your feedback, even if he does not
approach you with those words. Ask him, “You want my help with ….?”
8. Make it clear to him that your husband is an important part of your happiness.
9. Do not whine just because you are tired and irritable due to the pressures you
encounter beyond the walls of the home.
10. Do whatever is necessary to make your house a home of peace and rest for your
11. Do what he needs to help him feel more like a man. Dwell upon treating him as the
man God has designed him to be.
12. Take every opportunity to become his best friend.
Do not simply look at him as your best friend. Be proactive in doing some activities which
are his interests. Show him with your actions how much you love him
Print out the two lists and leave "His List" on a table he will "accidentally" find!
12 EASY ACTIONS THE HUSBAND CAN DO TO BUILD A HAPPY MARRIAGE
1. take the offensive position and continue the courtship into the marriage.
Continue to discover the “little things” you can do for her, without any prompting or
specific need. She will give you “hints” as to what she likes but it will not be as direct as
you would want her to do. Find small ways to express acts of kindness towards her on a
2. Show your appreciation for the many things she does for you.
Reinforce her need for emotional love.
3. Stop complaining. With some husbands, nothing is ever right.
Applaud her work for you. Find nice qualities to tell others what a great wife she is.
4. Be a real leader, whatever it takes to become the man she sees in you.
Provide courage, strength and independence for the home.
Do whatever it takes to provide for her emotional security.
5. Take an interest in the home as your responsibilities are greater than money.
”Bringing home a paycheck” is not the only thing you are responsible for. Look around for
jobs which need to be done and do them before she needs to ask you to do them.
6. Gain the proper concept of marriage:
Do not only think of your wife as a sexual object or a household servant.
Think of her as a person with worth and dignity in the sight of God. She is your queen.
Keep her precious in your eyes.
7. Learn the emotional and psychological differences between men and women.
When she shares problems, most of the time she only wants to sit and listen to her. Do
not begin to generate solutions because you think you can solve her problems.
ESPECIALLY - Do not think of what you want to say next.
Listen to her words & let her share what she needs to about the subject she is
8. Make it clear to her that your wife is important to your happiness.
9. Do not speak in a harsh manner with your wife just because you are tired and
irritable from the pressure you encounter beyond the walls of the home.
Do you really think she is not under pressure these days?
Find a way to expel your stress before you get home from the work place.
10. Do whatever is necessary to make your house a home of peace and security for
11. Make whatever adjustments you need to, to help your wife feel more like a woman.
She is a person motivated by her emotions. God wired her that way.
12. Do whatever is necessary to become her best friend. She wants you to be active in
What are her favorite activities? Find ways to learn how to support her in these. Make her
life better today than it was yesterday and continue to think along these lines.
As a Special Thought as a husband: What was it that drew you together in the first
place? Take time to write a detailed note and share it with your wife explaining what
you came up with. Be as specific as possible. Try to find a card that meets their emotional
needs not yours. Tell your wife five or six reasons you love and respect them.
Enjoy working through your list and use the ideas as discussions for your weekly date night ideas to share with one another.
The Best Is Yet To Be!!!